Licensed photos are now available exclusively through Replay Photos.
Auburn was chartered on February 7, 1856, as the East Alabama Male College, a private liberal arts school affiliated with the Methodist Episcopal Church, South. In 1872, the college became the state's first public land-grant university under the Morrill Act and was renamed the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Alabama.
In 1892, the college became the first four-year coeducational school in the state, and the college was renamed the Alabama Polytechnic Institute (API) in 1899.
The college continued expanding, and in 1960 its name was officially changed to Auburn University to acknowledge the varied academic programs and larger curriculum of a major university. It had been popularly known as "Auburn" for many years. Auburn is among the few American universities designated as a land-grant, sea-grant, and space-grant research center. Courtesy wikipedia.org
These pictures and more are available in a variety of sizes, framed and unframed...gallery wrap is now available, too!
9x12 sizes are suitable for diploma frames.
Click on the photos below to buy online.
Images are the property of the copyright holders © 1986–2013
Redistribution, copying or other unauthorized use is prohibited